Position Summary: Participates in and carries out job functions in the Nursing Department’s Program and activities as directed, in accordance with Federal, State and Local guidelines and regulations, accepted standards of practice and as may be directed by Administration and/or VP/Director of Nursing.
- Nurse / Nursing Supervisor
A job description cannot fully identify all examples of work performed by an employee and should be used as a guideline in understanding the nature of the position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the essential functions of the position if work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position.Participates in and carries out job functions in the Nursing Department’s Program and activities as directed, in accordance with Federal, State and Local guidelines and regulations, accepted standards of practice and as may be directed by Administration and/or VP/Director of Nursing.
- Some geriatric experience is preferable.
- Must possess a current NYS nurses aide certification and be listed in the New York State RHCF Nurse Aide Registry.
The following duties / responsibilities are essential functions of the job that must be satisfactorily met with or without accomodation.
- Performs all direct care services in accordance with Resident’s Care Plan.
- Performs necessary tasks to help resident in ADL’s including, but not limited to walking, toileting, changing residents, prepare for and feed meals with or without assistance.
- Performs tasks necessary to help resident in personal hygiene such as, but not limited to mouth care, foot care, eye and ear care.
- Participate in admission of residents as directed by Nurse in charge including but not limited to greeting resident and family and ensuring room and bed are ready.
- Participate in transfer and discharge of residents including but not limited to pack and log.
- Assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Perform rehab nursing procedures as instructed, including daily range of motion exercise. Record as indicated.
- Assist in preparing the resident for physical examinations.
- Assist with the care of ostomies including, but not limited to, colostomy and ileostomy, as per nurses’ instructions.
- Care of the dying resident including care of the body and personal effects after death.
- Assist with maintaining bowel regularity; report to nurse absence of bowel movements as per policy.
- Participates in and carries out job functions in the Nursing Department’s Program and activities as directed, in accordance with current Federal, State and Local guidelines and regulations, accepted standards of practice and as may be directed by Nursing and/or VP of Nursing or designee.
- Report all accidents/incidents observed on the shift that they occur and cooperate with the investigation.
- Observe resident’s rights including, but not limited to knocking before entering the resident’s room; awaiting response and ensure that all nursing care is provided in privacy.
- Make bed check rounds on all assigned residents every two hours at night (or as directed) and report status to nurse.
- Participates in pressure ulcer rounds as directed by observing and reporting the presence of pressure areas and skin breakdown to prevent pressure ulcers.
- Participates in residents’ information as per HIPAA guidelines.
- Report all changes in the resident’s condition including, but not limited to signs and symptoms of conditions and diseases.
- Documents and records all entries on flow sheets, CNAAR, etc., such as, but not limited to bowel regularity and food and fluid intake, in an informative and descriptive manner.
- Record the resident’s food/fluid intake as instructed.
- Measure and record temperatures, pulse and respirations (TPR’S) and B/P, as instructed. Document and notify Nurse.
- Assure resident has all devices as per care plan such as splints, cushions, mattress overlays, etc. as indicated.
- Performs tasks necessary to ensure resident safety, such as, but not limited to verifying each resident has a wristband, and using the wristband to identify residents before rendering cares, serving meals, etc., as necessary.
- Ensure prompt customer services including, but not limited to answer resident calls promptly, address resident issues promptly or seek assistance.
- Responsible for cleanliness of resident environment including, but not limited to make beds and prepare laundry.
- Maintenance of personal belongings such as clothing, dentures, eyeglasses, hearing aids and prostheses.
- Keeps Administration/ Nursing Administration advised of potential/ actual safety hazards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must possess the ability to consistently come to work as assigned, including coming to work regularly and on time.
- Must possess the ability to adhere to the time recording policy, including adhering to meal/break policy/schedules, as assigned.
- Must comply with departmental dress code requirements including prominently wearing one’s ID card, and maintaining normal levels of personal hygiene and professional appearance
- Must have the ability to satisfactorily meet work performance and productivity standards as they relate to the position.
- Must participate in and adhere to facility programs and activities, such as, but not limited to, employee health, safety, security and corporate compliance.
- Must participate in facility mandatory in-service and job training programs and activities, as assigned.
- Must perform all duties and all interactions in accordance with current Federal, State and Local guidelines and regulations, Facility policies and procedures, and accepted standards of practice.
- Must have the ability to uphold the highest standards of ethics, integrity and honesty in matters of conduct and behavior as it pertains to work performance, position and profession.
- Must have the ability to effectively and professionally cope with and manage interactions with patients/residents and their family members and/or visitors, as well as, co-workers, to ensure the best possible care, customer service and satisfaction.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters concerning residents/patients as well as assigned computer/software and work product.
- In an emergency, may be asked to perform other functions as deemed necessary.
- Must maintain and timely provide facility with current license/certification as required by the position.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language with sufficient proficiency to meet the essential functions of the position.
- Must possess the ability to utilize critical thinking skills and make good independent decisions when circumstances warrant such actions.
- Must be able to readily accept directions and instructions and satisfactorily carry out the same.
- Must function independently, demonstrate flexibility and have the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing Nursing Department practices.
- Must demonstrate ability to maintain satisfactory competency levels and professional standards of practice.
- Must be able to see and hear or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the essential functions of this position can be fully met.
- Must have the ability to operate a computer or use the prosthetics or devices that will enable such use.
- Must be physically able to operate specific equipment in relation to the position or use prosthetics or devices that will enable such use.
- Must be able to perform duties throughout the facility.
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, climb, stretch, and bend with sufficient ability to meet the essential functions of the position.
- Must be able to stand, lift, push and pull at least 50 lbs.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability with sufficient proficiency to meet the essential functions of the position.
- May be subject to frequent interruptions.
- May be subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, etc.
- Must be able to work beyond normal working hours, on weekends, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
- May be subject to stay or call back during an emergency (such as but not limited to severe weather, utilities failure, evacuation, disasters, etc.)
I understand that I am responsible to become familiar with the contents of this document. I agree to abide by and conduct myself in complete accord with them.